Dedicated to the commitment that empathy becomes less of a rumor and more of an expanded reality in the community...
Return to Wittgenstein’s Vienna – not your ordinary travelogue [Thursday evening 6 – 8:30 pm April 04 – May 23 2019 450 Citfyront Center 60611] Click here to register: Register [http://tinyurl.com/y3wjdp9s This course is about a man, a book, a city,… Read More ›
Shoshana Zuboff’s The Age of Surveillance Capitalism is a page-tuner, highly engaging, but also deeply disturbing.(1) Surveillance capitalism and its two major practitioners, Google [Alphabet] and Facebook, are unprecedented developments. Personally, I have been struggling to get my head around trends… Read More ›
Empaths don’t get enough empathy. An empath is a person who is naturally endowed with an overabundance of empathy. As I understand the term, a “natural empath” (my term, not Orloff’s) is an individual who is naturally endowed from birth… Read More ›
Michael Boylan is a widely published philosopher and the author of substantial literary fiction in a series of six novels (and numerous short stories) extending from Rainbow Curve to Naked Reverse. As the philosopher who has innovated in formulating the… Read More ›
The force of empathy is strong with Helen Riess, MD, and her team. In The Empathy Effect: 7 Neuroscience-based Keys for Transforming the Way We Live, Love, Work, and Connect Across Differences(with Liz Neporent, Forward by Alan Alda (Sounds True… Read More ›
10. Empathy versus bullying: in mud wrestling with a pig, everyone gets dirty – and the pig likes it. How to deal with bullying without becoming a bully? Set firm limits – set firm boundaries – thus far and no… Read More ›
In the webcast the participants will engage how to:
• Distinguish empathy from compassion, forgiveness, pity, and “niceness”;
• Establish and maintain boundaries with bullies, slackers, difficult individuals, and friends while still honoring one’s commitment to empathy, to client service, to flourishing financially, to inclusiveness and community;
• Identify failures (breakdowns) in empathy and what to do about it; and
• Expand or contract empathy on demand by overcoming obstacles to empathy.